InstaReM Announces Close of US$ 41mn Series C Funding Round
This article covers:
- InstaReM, Southeast Asia’s hottest digital cross-border payments company has announced the close of its US$ 41 million Series C funding round.
- The latest round of funding is led by Singapore’s Vertex Growth Fund (their first investment in Southeast Asia) and is supported by a new investor Atinum Investment, a leading Venture Capital investor from South Korea.
- The proceeds of this round will be used to drive growth in new markets, and to drive growth in existing and new market and support the launch of new products (including a cards platform).
SINGAPORE, 19 MARCH 2019: InstaReM, Asia’s only digital cross-border payments company with a global presence in over 50 countries, announced the close of its US$ 41 million Series C funding round in Singapore. The company’s spectacular growth has attracted an additional US$ 20 million round led by Singapore-based Vertex Growth Fund (VGF) and supported by new investor, Atinum Investment, a leading Venture Capital investor from South Korea.
This latest round takes InstaReM’s total funds secured to US$ 59.5 million, making the Singapore startup one of the top ten most funded fintech companies in Southeast Asia. The digital transfer company is expected to IPO in 2021. The proceeds of the latest round of funding will be used to accelerate growth in existing and new markets, with InstaReM expected to receive licences in Japan and Indonesia later this year.
2019 will be a significant year for InstaReM with the plan to open a regional headquarters in Latin America and strengthening its teams in London and Seattle ahead of launching a cards platform in multiple markets before the year closes. All this comes after the fintech outfit secured card issuing abilities from the global payments giant Visa and embarked on a card program in Asia (to be delivered in a fraction of the typical 9-month development period), with plans to extend this capability through to Australia, Hong Kong and Malaysia by Q3 2019.
InstaReM recently became the first foreign digital money transfer service provider in Malaysia to get the Bank Negara Malaysia’s approval to onboard customers with the electronic KYC (e-KYC) process, which is expected to accelerate the company’s growth in the country.
InstaReM’s mission remains to democratise payments across the globe. The company’s next-generation payments platform makes it possible to send local ACH or real-time payments in over 50 countries, to issue virtual or physical cards in 25 countries and collect payments for SMEs in 35 countries. InstaReM already powers payments for four of the top ten Southeast Asian Banks.
Prajit Nanu, co-founder & CEO of InstaReM said:
“When we started InstaReM four years ago, our mission was to make moving money internationally, faster and more convenient through seamless digital payments. It’s the whole concept of open money which we’re trying to par. So, you should be able to send money anywhere which is a remittance platform, spend money anywhere which is a card piece and receive money anywhere which is a pay in product. Our mission remains unchanged, the latest round of funding reflects investors’ continuing confidence in our business and value proposition. The digital cross-border payments market is growing and disrupting at an unprecedented rate. For InstaReM to continue to expand and stand out we need to offer a customer experience like no other, and so that’s our main focus as we move forward.”
James Lee, Managing Director of Vertex Growth Fund, who joins InstaReM’s board, said:
“There is still room for improvement in user experiences in cross-border payments despite the breakthroughs in technology. That’s why we decided to make InstaReM our first investment in Southeast Asia. What makes us confident about InstaReM is the sheer determination of its founders, backed by a solid team of professionals that work round-the-clock to provide a great product and experience to their consumer and enterprise customers. We have been witness to InstaReM’s phenomenal growth in the last four years and are keen to support them with their expansion in the North American, Europe, Latin American and ASEAN regions through strategic investment and advice.”
Aram Shin, Vice President and Head of Southeast Asia for Atinum Investment, said:
“InstaReM has been able to expand globally and scale its operations without losing focus on its core values: reducing the costs and time needed for cross-border payments. Speaking with their customers and partners, we recognized the dedication the founders had towards maximizing value for their clients through tailored products and customer service. We are looking forward to working alongside InstaReM and keen to add to its success.”
- InstaReM is a Singapore-headquartered digital cross-border payments company with presence across Asia-Pacific, North America and Europe.
- The only digital cross-border payment company from Asia covering 40+ countries, InstaReM has created a unique payments mesh which is being leveraged by financial institutions, SMEs and individuals to make fast, low-cost cross-border payments to more than 55+ countries.
- InstaReM also serves institutional and corporate clients with its international business payments platform providing bulk, customized, multi-currency payments facilities.
- Since starting operations in 2015, InstaReM has raised US$ 59.5 million in three rounds of funding. Its earlier investors include Global Founders Capital, Vertex Ventures, Fullerton Financial Holdings, GSR Ventures, SBI-FMO Emerging Asia Financial Sector Fund, MDI Ventures and Beacon Venture Capital.
- InstaReM is a member of RippleNet, Ripple’s global network of 200+ banks and other financial institutions.
- A winner at India Fintech Festival and Singapore Fintech Festival in 2017, last year InstaReM bagged the Blockchain Innovator Award from Ripple for its innovations in the payments space.
For more information, visit https://www.instarem.com/
For all media enquiries, please contact:
(+91 (22) 80821 10888