InstaReM rebrands to Nium, world’s first global enterprise payments platform
This article covers:
- Leading digital cross-border payments provider, InstaReM, is rebranding to become part of Nium, a world first global enterprise payments platform.
- Nium is the world’s first platform to enable businesses to send, spend and receive money around the world, whilst also empowering them to build their own products.
- The team behind InstaReM has been gearing up to become Nium since their recent USD41 million funding round earlier this year.
- InstaReM will remain a leading digital remittance solution, now powered by the Nium platform.
Las Vegas, London, Singapore, 28th October 2019: Leading digital cross-border payments provider, InstaReM, is rebranding to become part of Nium. Nium is the first global payments platform to enable businesses to send, spend and receive money from around the world, in addition to empowering them to develop their own products. Nium’s ambition is to create a world of ‘Open Money’ where everyone’s money is free for them to use, whenever, wherever and however they want.
The launch of Nium was announced at the Money 2020 USA event in Las Vegas on 27 October 2019.
Nothing like Nium and its ‘Open Money Network’ has ever been created before. Organisations working with Nium will have the opportunity to become a member of ‘The Open Money Network’, a digital collective of financial institutions, fintechs, ecommerce platforms, travel companies and online marketplaces. In addition to using Nium’s ability to send, spend and receive money, members of the network will be able to use the platform to build new products and services free from legacy system constraints.
Businesses will be able to use Nium in three ways: buying Nium’s off-the-shelf products, working with Nium to build custom integrations for their enterprise tech stack, or by using the Nium platform to build innovative products and services that make the cross-border movements of money quicker, more convenient and cost-effective.
As one of the first organisations to partner with Visa’s Fintech Fast-track programme, Nium will work with prominent financial institutions and high-profile start-ups to help them build the financial products and services that a future of ‘open money’ demands.
The team behind InstaReM has been gearing up to become Nium since their recent USD41 million funding round earlier this.
Prajit Nanu, co-founder and CEO of Nium said:
“As we look to the future, our strategy is to move beyond merely creating services on our own proprietary platform. We have worked really hard in the last four years to build new capabilities that open a world of possibilities in the global payments universe. To express our broader capabilities to the world, and to engage more directly to our existing and future enterprise partners, we have rebranded InstaReM to Nium. We aspire to become enablers; creators of an open platform that businesses and partners use to build a world free of old constraints and restrictions – a true world of Open Money.”
Notes to Editor/About Nium
- Nium is founded by the team that created InstaReM in 2014. InstaReM is regulated in the U.S., the European Union, Singapore, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Australia and Malaysia, and processes billions of dollars a year for banks, payments institutions and retail users across the world. InstaReM isbacked by investors including Vertex Ventures, Fullerton Financial Holdings, Rocket Internet and MDI Ventures.
- The Nium platform is used to create a wide range of payment services grouped into three categories: Send, Spend and Receive.
- Send – real-time cross-border payments, local ACH payments, sending funds to a Visa debit card, remittance as a service, remittance apps, embeddable payouts, AP tool integrations.
- Spend – BIN sponsorship, B2B commercial payments, employee expense cards, supplier card payments, customer cards and UTAP.
- Receive – Collection via virtual accounts and cards, split payments, invoice collection, personal fund collection, invoice collection, marketplace/website payments, automated receivables tracking and master merchant solutions.
- Organisations working with Nium will have the opportunity to become a member of ‘The Open Money Network’, a digital collective of financial institutions, fintech organisations, ecommerce platforms, travel companies and online markets.
Find out more about Nium by visiting www.nium.com
For all media enquires please contact: